I want you to enjoy your vibrator for a long time. Keep it happy and you will be too! Let’s take a look at some tips for taking care of your vibrator.
Top Vibrator Care tips
Battery vibrators are a great way to start or add to your collection of sex toys. They are basically manufactured as novelties and the quality can be unpredictable. Many of them come with manufacturer’s warranties in the box.
- Storage: It is best to keep the batteries outside of the vibrator until use. This will keep the batteries from corroding inside and destroying the mechanism. Doing this will also keep your vibrator and batteries running for a longer period of time.
- Whoops! Try not to drop your vibrator on the floor. They are pretty delicate and can easily break by doing this.
- Off and On: Make sure your variable speed vibrator is turned OFF when done. Removing the batteries prevents any possibility of this as when the speed is turned down very low, the vibrator seems to be off.
- Lubrication: You can safely use any water-based or silicone- based* lubricant with your vibrator. Please note that you cannot use an oil-based lubricant with jelly vibrators as it will make the material deteriorate.
*It is advised that you do not use a silicone-based lubricant with silicone vibrators (or silicone dildos for that matter)
- Cleaning: Do not let the cap end of the vibrator come in contact with water (unless it is a sealed waterproof one and you have the cap on when washing your toy). Hold your hand over the cap area and gently wash the shaft with an antibacterial soap (it’s a good type of soap to use). You can also use a waterless hand cleaner which contains a high volume of alcohol. You may also notice your new toy may have a strong plastic or rubber odor. This will diminish by washing your toy frequently and leaving it out of the packaging.
That’s all for now, but be sure to go read part two of this series!
Latest posts by Kim Airs (see all)
- 4 Sex Toy Shows: ANME, XBIZ, SHE and AVN - January 6, 2015
- FOUR Sex Toy Shows this month: ANME, XBIZ, SHE and AEE! - January 6, 2015
- Welcome 2015! My Sexy New Year’s Resolutions - January 2, 2015